Due Dates and Requirements for
ABC Country Book
For the due dates below, assignments need to be turned in at the beginning of the school day (8:00am). I will return the letters back to you as soon as possible with comments and corrections. Each student will then revise their drafts and place them in their ABC Country Book. Don’t place anything in your book until you receive your rough drafts back!
Rough Drafts and Plans of Letters
|Choose country||Friday, September 20th|
|Outline (topic and title for each letter)||Friday, October 11th|
|*A (1 letter)||Wednesday, October 16th|
|B-F (5 letters)||Friday, November 1st|
|G-K (5 letters)||Friday, November 22nd|
|L-P (5 letters)||Friday, December 13th|
|Q-U (5 letters)||Friday, January 17th|
|V-Z (5 letters)||Friday, February 14th|
|Progress check (book must be 50% completed)||Friday, February 21st|
|100% Completed book||Friday, March 7th|
* Letter A will be completed in class together, so please bring information about your topic to class that day.
Things I’ll be looking for in your rough draft:
- Topic of letter is from the list of approved topics
- Relevant, important topics that only relate to your country
- Enough information for the topic (at least 8 sentences)
- Complete sentences
- Information is written ENTIRELY by you. Anyone else’s work is plagiarism, and you will receive a zero (0) for that topic.
- Few spelling, punctuation, and grammatical mistakes
Things I’ll be looking for in your 100% completed book:
- Book cover is colorful and includes the country name and your name
- Title page is colorful and includes the country name and your name
- Revisions to topic and additional information, if necessary
- Minimum of eight (8) sentences for each topic
- Complete, complex sentences (no choppy, simple sentences)
- Information is written ENTIRELY by you.
- No spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Each topic (letter) has a picture related to the topic
- The book is well put together (not sloppily compiled)