No matter what grade you are in here are some key concepts you should learn.
C. Tangrams & Tessellations
1. Names of 2D and 3D shapes and their properties (vertices, sides, faces etc.) Make sure you learn the correct names in English.
2. How to measure accurately using metric units ( mm, cm, m, km,g/kg, tonnes). Do you know how to use a ruler, tape measure, trundle wheel, stop watch?
3. How to name, measure and draw angles and triangles.
4. How to convert simple measures like cm into m, km into m, kg into grams, grams into kg and don’t forget converting money!
5. Do you understand time including reading different clocks, 12 hour time and 24 hours time? Can you count forwards and backwards easily when it comes to thinking about time?
6. Do you understand basic compass directions like north, south, east, west, north east?
7. Do you know what coordinates are? Can you read different timetables and graphs?
Everything about shapes:
Reading Scales/ Understanding Measure:
Looking at Patterns/How to move shapes/Tessellations/ Tangrams:
Coordinates/ Compass/ Direction: